June 12, 2016
THANK YOU TRI-STATE!!!
|Date||Sunday, June 12, 2016|
|Location||New Canaan H.S., New Canaan, CT. [map]|
|Start Time||9:00 a.m.|
|Kathy Giusti, MMRF Founder
Paul Giusti, MMRF President and CEO
|MMRF Spirit of Hope Honoree||Bob Heller Team|
|Team Information||Team List|
|Find a Participant||Participant List|
|Offline Forms||Document Center|
|MMRF Team for Cures on Facebook|
|Online Store||MMRF Online Store|
|FAQ||Browse our FAQ Section|
Race Day Info
|Race Location:||New Canaan High School, 11 Farm Rd. New Canaan, CT.|
|Course Map:||See Course Map|
|Parking:||New Canaan High School, South Elementary School and Saxe Middle School|
|Race Day Reg Fees:||Adults: $35 | Children (ages 6-17): $15 | Children (5 & under): $5 registration fee for Tot Trot Race|
|Water on Course:||Yes|
|Refreshments:||Water, bananas, granola bars|
|Dogs:||Yes. Must be leashed & start after runners|
|Strollers:||Yes. Must start after runners|
|Race Day Reg Time:||7:30 a.m.|
|Pre-Event Program:||8:30 a.m.|
|Race Start Time:||9:00 a.m.|
|Post-Event Awards Program:||10:30 a.m.|
Thank you for supporting the Multiple Myeloma Research Foundation by participating in the MMRF Team for Cures 5K Walk/Run Program!
Now that you are registered for the race, it is time to FUNDRAISE! Walking and running at this event will certainly help us create awareness for multiple myeloma, but true progression is made possible through funding and will continue with your funding. Raising funds for research is the most direct way you can have an impact on the lives of myeloma patients everywhere.
- The MMRF Team for Cures Fundraising Kit is an easy to navigate document. It has EVERYTHING you need to know about our event, raising money, My Race Center and more. If you follow the fundraising guidelines and tips in this kit, we guarantee you will have a successful and meaningful race experience!
- Ideas to Jump-Start your Fundraising will help you think outside the box as you embark on your MMRF Team for Cures 5K Experience. Try to implement a few of these ideas into your fundraising campaign!
We are here to help you every step of the way!
The 2016 MMRF Team for Cures 5K Walk/Run “HERO PROGRAM” will reward all of our top fundraisers with incentive items. Participants who raise $500 or more are eligible for the 2016 HERO PROGRAM. See below for more details.
Please do not hesitate to contact the MMRF 5K Walk/Run Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 203-652-0208.
About 5K Walk/Run Program
Held annually in eleven cities across the country — Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, New York City, Philadelphia, San Francisco, Tri-State (New Canaan, CT), Twin Cities, and Washington D.C. — this family friendly 5K walk/run raises both awareness and funds for multiple myeloma. Since its inception in 2001 in Chicago, the MMRF Team for Cures 5K Walk/Run Program has raised more than $25.5 million to support the Multiple Myeloma Research Foundation’s urgent work. Come walk, run or stroll with myeloma families, friends, patients and health professionals at this inspiring event which celebrates the progress we are making and offers a way for you to support the critical work the MMRF is doing to extend the lives of patients and find a cure.
About the MMRF
The MMRF was founded in 1998 as a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization by twin sisters Karen Andrews and Kathy Giusti, soon after Kathy was diagnosed with multiple myeloma, an incurable blood cancer. The mission of the MMRF is to relentlessly pursue innovative means that accelerate the development of next-generation multiple myeloma treatments to extend the lives of patients and lead to a cure. Nearly 90% of total budget goes directly to research and related programming. The MMRF has been awarded Charity Navigator’s coveted four star rating for 12 consecutive years, the highest designation for outstanding fiscal responsibility and exceptional efficiency. The MMRF has facilitated unprecedented accomplishments including helping to bring ten new drugs to market that are now standard therapies for patients with multiple myeloma and being used or explored as treatments for other cancers.
Our accomplishments include:
- Establishing a multi-center tissue bank with more than 4,000 samples.
- Spearheading an initiative to map the multiple myeloma genome with world-class leaders in genomics.
- Creating the collaborative Multiple Myeloma Research Consortium (MMRC) of 21 world-renowned institutions.
- Launching the groundbreaking CoMMpass℠ Study to collect and analyze multiple tissue samples from 1,000 patients over a multi-year course, so that patients will eventually be matched with the right clinical studies and treatments.
- Building the CoMMunity Gateway, a platform to connect patients sharing sub-types of myeloma with each other and experts.
The MMRF Team for Cures: Tri-State 5K Walk/Run began in 2004 and has raised over $3.3M for the MMRF since its inception. The event provides a great opportunity to experience the strength and spirit of dear friends and family, volunteers, runners, and walkers of all ages joining together to enjoy a spectacular day and make a difference.