1st: If you haven’t had a chance to see my Journey, be sure to watch it here at http://lbln.healthcentral.com/mm
100 Day Post SCT MTG-Notes from Today’s Consult
“What to Expect”
Typically, there is a “100 Day post SCT” Meeting to review how the SCT worked & what the next steps are
- Review Any Lingering Side Effects from the SCT
- General Pain
- Review State of Disease
- 100% remission or “Minimum Residual Disease” (MRD)?
- If Full remission, then choice is to do “watchful waiting” or consider a maintance drug regimen to prolong durability
- If MRD, then consideration is to do a 2nd SCT AKA “Tandem SCT”, go on a drug regimen or consider watchful waiting
- A bone building treatment may be advocated
- My Next Steps as an example:
- MRD exists. Considered a “Very Good Partial Response” (VGPR)
- Bone treatment already resumed
- New chemo treatment advocated for 6 months
- Blood testing every other week/min 1x per month
- Goal is to in 100% remission in 6 months
- In the meantime, keep close to the new therapies & upcoming ones via the www.themmrf.org site. My sincerest thanks to the MMRF for all their efforts to help bring new therapies that extend lives and move MM to become a curable disease.
- Special thanks to everyone at Mt Sinai- One of the leading Multiple Myeloma Centers of Excellence in the world…and to Dr. Jaganath who leads the band.
- Also a special thanks to Amgen who has helped bring my story, the education & the inspiration to a broader audience.
- Finally, a special thanks to all the Folks at Remedy Health Media (www.healthcentral.com) who have worked tirelessly to get my story out to the MM universe in a way that is truly compelling for all who see it.
- The data is clear: We are all best served to be as educated as possible…and to be cared for by medical professionals who frequently see MM cases. This greatly improves outcomes.
Onward & Upward!